Its my birthday today! Birthdays don’t really hold the same excitement as they used to once you hit your 30’s, but nevertheless, this has been a pretty amazing year for me, so I decided that today was a good occasion to share some of the best moments of the past 12 months with you all.
- I finally went back to school! This was something that I had been talking about doing for years. Well, last year I finally did it! Uni life has it’s ups and downs of course, but I’m so proud of myself for proving that I could actually do it. I’ve passed every single subject so far and have even managed to get a couple of High Distinctions. The most exciting part is that I finally have a really good idea of what I would like to be when I grow up and I’m actually really excited about it.
- I finally started a blog! Duh, you’re reading it right now 🙂 Starting a blog is another thing that I talked about doing for ages and never got around to it. Silly me, because its awesome! I honestly can’t believe how many amazing and clever people I have met through this blog. Thank you all for being so friendly and helpful to this newbie blogger.
- My rescue cat has finally started to settle down a bit! Poor old Zeus didn’t have the best start to life, so when we adopted him about a year ago he was a bit of a nervous wreck to be honest. Lots of love and a happy home has worked wonders on him though, and seeing him come out of his shell and become the loving, cheeky, confident, crazy cat that he’s meant to be has been one of the best parts of my year.
- I’ve met lots of lovely new people! Some I’ve met at uni, some are just those people you meet randomly, some of you are right here 🙂 Either way, some wonderful people have come into my life this year.
- I’ve had a lot of laughs! And tears, and angry grumbles, and everything in between. Good or bad, I’ve had a lot of memorable moments this year but even the bad ones have helped me learn and grown. And everything worked out ok in the end.
I will be spending the afternoon with my Mum at a winery in the sun today and then heading out for dinner with my other half. I hope all of you have a wonderful January 21st too!